Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Finally back to my Art again.





I'm sorry for the very long hiatus, but I had to have a heart procedure on the 13th December, after which I lost all motivation for almost everything including art. I'm happy to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying a new Coloured Pen and Ink Drawing over the past couple of weeks, so things are looking up somewhat.

I will show the drawing as a step-by-step from beginning to the finished piece. Size is 10"x8" on Premier Watercolour Paper, and penned with Micron Pens in Pink and Red, sizes 01 and 005, and a little Yellow with a Triplus Fineliner Pen. I really did enjoy penning this one, and all being well, will be entering it in to an Exhibition in a couple of months time.

4 comments:

null said...

Hi Val,

So sorry about your health problems. I'm glad you're feeling better.

This rose is stunning - I just love the softness and depth you have. You really do beautiful work. :)

Take care,

Best,

Rebecca

Unknown said...

Val, so glad you are able to "pen" such marvelous work again. I had missed seeing your comments on CT. I think many have had set backs that have put our real desires on hold. Health related issues do just that!!
Cynthia Pinnell
Plainview, TX

Joan said...

Hi Val.. Sorry to hear of your dicky ticker probs.. have had a few too.. hope all is ok now missed you...your rose is terrific.. great idea to pic it at different stages... I'm trying to paint a soup turreen which is driving me nuts..should 've planned it better... soing oil painting of sunflowers...Van Gogh I'm not I've decided... Joan

Christine said...

Hi Val nice to see you have a blog going!!

Love from UK.
Christine x