Friday, February 23, 2007

Published in the International Porcelain Art Magazine.


I was delighted to have been invited to send photographs of my Porcelain Art Work to the US for Publication in the worldwide International Porcelain Art Teachers Magazine towards the end of 2006. This is a fine art magazine showcasing the best Porcelain Artists in the World. I have just received my copy of a double page spread of my work, published in the November/December Magazine, 2006. I have been advised that my Rose Photography is to be published in this same Magazine in March/April -- can't wait!!


I am awfully disappointed in the clarity that has been lost in the scans though, as both pages in the Magazine are so rich and beautiful in colour, but these scans leave a lot to be desired.
All of these designs were done with a variety of techniques, and a lot of kiln firings. With the All-over Floral 12" Vase and 12" Plate, the entire design is outlined in Liquid Bright Gold with a Dip Pen.

Click on each picture to get a larger version.


2 comments:

Shelly McC said...

I didn't know you did Porcelain work Val, Gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Val de Vries said...

Oh, thankyou so much Shelly. Actually Porcelain Painting has been my main Art Form for the past 26 years. I did four years in Oils prior to Porcelain, and then concentrated on China Painting. I have been a Qualified Teacher since 1986.