Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Rose in Pointillism


Had another very busy day today, but a great one. Monday is the day I go to Art Group, where around 14 Artists gather and paint together for about 4 hours. It's great to see everyone's paintings evolve -- all totally different subject matter and a variety of mediums. Today we had Artists painting in Oils, Acrylics, Watercolours, Pastels and Pen and Ink. The subjects were also varied with Cottage and Street Scenes, Seascapes, Portraits, Landscapes and I finished a painting of Teddy Bears on a Pink background for a baby girl's Nursery. I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow and post in my next blog.
After we finished, one of ladies from the Group and I went to our Art Store and had a buy up of new canvases, as they were out on Special. I am a total sucker for buying canvases, as is the friend I went shopping with today. We then sat and talked over a cappucino and a yummy iced apple square each (they were huge!!), so I didn't feel like a very big tea tonight.
From there I went to visit my parents, and finally arrived home just before dark.
Tonight I watched a DVD I recently bought about Royal Worcester China which was so interesting, especially when it showed the artists working in the big Studio. I'm a big lover of Royal Worcester China, and would dearly love to get loose in their Seconds Shop. I think it's just as well it's 12,000 miles away from me, or I'd always be stoney broke.
I also finished off a small Pen and Ink piece today -- a Red Macro Rose in Pointillism/Stipple. I do so enjoy stippling macro Roses. This one measures 3.5"x2.5", and I have just listed it on ebay. The Pink Rose I posted a couple of nights ago is also on ebay, and has a bid at the required starting price, so I'm very happy about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I think that might be a bit true. Everyone has a bit of deep truth in them that isn't really visible at most times. But hey what can I say.. Do we Really want to know the absolute truth about Everyone?? Sometimes, the inner secrets of a person should remain unknown, of course if they harm no body. I do think that stories though, are entertaining whether they are positive or negative, because they depict a 'kodak moment' in time that tells a story. You're right, everybody loves a story or two, so why not imagine your life a big story and be a great story teller!
Samsung toner cartridges