Monday, July 30, 2007

Technical Plate with Bird Design.


It's been another really busy day. I went to Art Group from 10 a.m. to 1.30 p.m., and really enjoyed it, as I started a new painting and so far it's going along fine. My brother lives in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory and he sent me a lot of great photos of well known places in and around the Alice. The one I started today is Simpson's Gap, which I know has been painted a million or more times by various artists, but I really love his photo and the lovely sprawling tree that stands in front of where the Rock Formations almost meet at ground level.
I'll be sure to post it when it's finished. After Art I went shopping, and then to visit my parents for the remainder of the afternoon, so it was a busy, but very fulfilling day. Tonight I've caught up on a bit of correspondence, and also 'phoned my handyman to give him a reminder that he hasn't pruned my Roses yet, and the lawns need mowing. Next week he says -- if he doesn't hurry up, the Roses will be shooting before they're pruned.

Tonight I'm adding a photo of a 10" Porcelain Plate I've painted with a Technical Design, and a bird in the centre of the plate. If you look closely, you will see that the lighter swirly band around the plate is covered in Mother-of-Pearl, which is something a really enjoy working with

No comments: